June 22, 2009
The Lady created quite a brunch pizza today and the centerpiece was the 100th Anniversary Three-year Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese.
Here’s what she did (remember, she’s not big on measuring):
1 Organic Pizza Dough from Award-winning Portland Bakery, Marsee
Tillamook Sharp Cheddar, shredded – looked like about a cup
Tillamook 100th Anniversary Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded – looked like about a cup
1 Ripe Tomato, sliced thin and each slice cut in half
Green Onion sliced thin (use both white and green parts)
2 Fred Meyer Fresh Bratwurst Sausage – made on location at the Hawthorne Store in Portland
Fresh Jalapeno, chopped (only on The Lady’s half of the pizza)
6 Scambled Eggs, scrambled soft
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Let the dough rise for about an hour (rubbed in EVOO) in a covered bowl in a warm area of the kitchen.
2. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Shred the cheeses; set aside.
4. Slice tomato, onions; chop jalapeno. Set aside
5. Slice sausage into diagonally and saute until cooked through and brown (do not overcook). Drain on a paper towel.
6. Oil pizza pan.
7. Prepare pizza dough on pizza pan. The Lady likes thin in the center with a fat edge. Brush dough with EVOO.
8. Bake dough for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
9. Put a light dusting of shredded cheese on top of dough. then build the pizza with your ingredients: tomato, onion, sausage, jalapeno, scrambled eggs, Tillamook cheeses on top.
10. Bake for 12 minutes.
11. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.